The Dunes Community Club exists for the betterment of services and enjoyment available to the local community and Matarangi and surrounding settlements visitors. The Club provides a supportive, inclusive and informative environment for all Members of the Club and any other clubs and organisations (e.g. lawn bowling club), which may base their activities at the Dunes Club House.
Local community is invited to submit recommendations for formation of interest clubs and actively be involved in running their particular clubs. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual membership category is defined as a single adult and the children under the age of 18 (if any).
- Family membership category is defined as an adult and partner and their children under the age of 18 (if any).
- Members of The Dunes Golf Club automatically become Members of The Dunes Community Club, entitled to all the voting rights and Club benefits. Partners of The Dunes Golf Club Members are welcome to join as Adult or Family members.
- Individual members of any other clubs (e.g. lawn bowling club) which base their activities at the Club House and the associated facilities are not entitled to any of the benefits listed below (unless a separate agreement is reached between such clubs and The Dunes Club Committee. Individual members of such clubs are welcome to join as Adult or Family members.
- Membership fees:
- Adult $80.00 per annum;
- Family $110.00 per annum.
The Club Members:
- Welcome visitors and introduce them to other Club members
- Are respectful of other club members, staff and visitors
- Show respect for shared areas and items (e.g. artwork, furniture)
- Comply with all appropriate instructions from the staff
- Comply with the required dress code (smart casual works for most occasions)
- Are responsible for the actions and behaviour of their guests and their children. Children are welcome. Parents/guardians are required to observe and supervise their children at all times.
- Ensure that any actions (e.g. use of mobile devices) or behaviours do not disturb other members/visitors
- Offer assistance if/when required
- Speak with kindness and caution
- Say “Thank You”.
- Members must be able to produce their membership card to be eligible for any benefits offered by the Club; All casual guests are welcome. Casual Guests are not entitled to any of the benefits listed below.
- Key benefits:
- Focus on club activities in wintertime (April – October);
- The Club fees contribute to the upkeep and sustainability of the Club House and the associated facilities;
- Children are welcome (unless the nature of a particular event makes it unsuitable for minors). Parents/guardians are required to observe and supervise their children at all times.
- Club Night (when scheduled) may include lotteries, jackpot draw and door draw and other activities (e.g. bingo, bowls, guest speakers);
- Free access to the bowling green facilities (subject to confirmed booking of the green through the Dunes Manager);
- Early bird announcements for special Club events (e.g. guest speakers, quiz nights, set menu nights, Master Chef events);
- Organised family activities using the golf course (as permitted by and coordinated with The Dunes Golf Committee): focus on children, say 3-4 times a year (e.g. outdoor treasure hunt);
- Enjoy Sky sport (e.g. PGA European Tour, Cricket, All Black games, Super Rugby, NRL) with a group of friends, in a friendly and pleasant environment.
- Beverage discounts: 10%;
- Meal discounts: 10% (NB: meal discounts do not apply to set menu/special price meals);
- Beverage and meal discounts apply as long as the member can present their membership card and pays the whole bill. If the bill is split, only those who are current Members can get discount on their share;
- Community Room – available to members to hire
Dunes Golf Club members are automatically members of the Dunes Community Club and do not need to apply for membership.
- NO PAYMENT ON APPLICATION. Once membership application is accepted, the Applicant will be invoiced for period starting at the date of application being accepted to 30th June 2021 (part year membership will be prorated on monthly basis).
- Membership cards will be available for collection at the golf shop once subscription payment is received.
- The personal information provided in this form will be used to process the membership application and for any subsequent communications with the club members regarding the Club activities and events.
- The Club is in its formation stage. This means that in the first few months of Club existence not all the expected benefits may be available, or the initial benefits may change without notice.
- The Dunes Management and the Committee reserve the right to accept or reject any membership application, at their own discretion.
The Club Committee for 2021:
The Committee is appointed at the Club AGM and it represents all members of the Club.
The Committee Members for 2021 are:
- Bev Gwyn – Golf Club
- Jean Brooks – Deputy Chair
- Kevin Comer – Special projects
- Nicky Fanning – Marketing/Advertising
- Raewyn Williams – Correspondence
- Robin Fleming – Event Calendar
- Shirley Muellers – Secretariat
- Simon Hill – Dunes Management
- Steve Moss – Events Coordination
- Tadek Gawor – Chair
- Wayne Davis – Associated Clubs Liaison
All email communications should go to email@example.com
The Committee decisions, as related to the use of the Club House and the associated facilities, apply to the current members of the Club and any other clubs wishing to base their activities at the Dunes Club House.
Works to enhance the experience of using the Club House facilities and actively supports the Matarangi Golf and Country Club Management, the Dunes Golf Club Committee and any other clubs, organisations or committees using the Club House facilities.
Develops and widely disseminates an annual Activity Programme in conjunction with the Dunes Management, the Dunes Golf Club Committee and any other clubs, organisations or committees using the Club House facilities.
Ensures that all the Club members are informed in a timely fashion of anything that could affect their enjoyment of the Dunes Club House (e.g. communication of any unexpected changes related to their specific Programmes).
Supports and encourages new membership by providing a welcoming and pleasant environment.
Resolves any scheduling conflicts amongst various clubs.
You can also view The Dunes Community Club Committee Charter V12